One of the most unique ways to do the most popular tour of Iceland, the Golden circle tour. In this tour we combine our golden circle tour with a visit into a lava cave, stop at a 10 km long, black sandy beach with no other people around you, you will get to taste a 1.200 years old glacier water and on the evening we will have dinner and visit the Þingvellir national park in the midnight summer light. This is a full day adventure on a super jeep
Here below you can see what the tour includes:
· We will start the tour by showing you Hveragerdi the capital of hotsprings, the town is positioned on an active volcanic zone and earthquakes are frequent thanks to the tectonic movements that rumble below. Our local guide will tell you the story of the town and show you hotsprings that bursted through the ground in the last earthquake that happened on May 29th 2008, with a magnitude of 6,3 on the richter scale. We will also show you how we can use the heat from the ground, by cooking an egg in a boiling hotspring and taste a bread that has been baked in the ground for 24 hours.
· We will visit a 10 km long black sandy beach
· We will visit Geysir and witness Strokkur bursting the boiling hot water high up in the air.
· We will taste the Icelandic traditional lamb soup, one of Icelanders favorite dishes.
· We will visit Gullfoss (Golden waterfall) where we will explore this magnificent waterfall, standing on the edge of the waterfall and feel the power of the glacial water and perhaps the mist on your face.
· We will visit a remote lava cave where you will witness beautiful lava formation in the dark where trolls are believed to live. Inside the cave we will turn on candles and enjoy the silence over a hot cup of Hot chocolate.
· You will get to taste a 1.200 years old glacier water straight from the source
· We will stop at a nice farm restaurant where we will have a good dinner
· After Dinner, we will visit Thingvellir our national park where the oldest parliament in the world is, our local guide will hike with you through the area and point out some interesting stories from the area and his ancestors, the Vikings.
At the mid summer time in Iceland, there is 24 hours of day light
This tour offers a great scenery for photographing, and we will stop at more places than are listed here above, we will fill the day with fun adventures!
|117.000 ISK for 1 -3 persons as a private tour
39.000 ISK per person if the group is bigger than 3 persons, 40% discount for children (1-18 years old) if payed for 3 adults.
|Lunch, all caving equipment, dinner, super jeep and a local guide|
|H||Short walks from 10 minutes up to 1 hour|
|Price for pick up in Reykjavík:||Included|
2 out of 5
Make the day a Private for a better experience